Friday, June 29, 2007

Doping - T-Mobile and Bob Stapleton - Take 2

I just realized that I made a mistake with a follow up comment on my original post about T-Mobile and Bob Stapleton.

Bob Stapleton is the guy I wrote about in the original post. That's correct.

I later posted a comment when I read that B Stapleton was a part owner of Discovery. I felt like I'd been hit in the head with a hammer. But for some reason I didn't delete my original post.

Today, I got an email pointing out that the B Stapleton who owns part of Discovery is someone named Bill.

Bob is the T-Mobile guy.

Oh.

The email writer ought to know. His name is Bob. You can guess his last name.

It's those careless, assumption-type things that get you. Like my math test in high school - I breezed through it in a few minutes, split, and was completely embarrassed when I got it back with the Donut. The Bagel. The big fat Zero (circled, so it resembles a... donut, for example, hence the food references). I knew exactly what to do, how to do it. And on every single one of the problems I did something dumb like multiply 2x9 and get 27.

C'mon, everyone knows 2x9 is a road bike drivetrain setup. And no one uses 27's, they use 700's.

Anyway, I feel sort of like a lunk head for writing all that stuff on the post, then retracting it, then retracting the retraction.

Good thing I wasn't confessing to some non-dopage use. You'd have to call me, well, Ivan or something.

No comments: